Thursday, July 5, 2012

October 17, 2011

Got my story for Box 3 done. It's a scene right out of Saviors Series. It's a humor story called "Gun for Hire?" Here we go...


//



"Dakota Marie McKenzie! What is this?"


Sixteen year old Dakota McKenzie jumped off her bed at the sound of her sister's just slightly annoyed voice. "Huh?"


Her bedroom door was kicked open. Eighteen year old Taylor McKenzie stormed in, waving around a piece of paper, looking quite murderous. Behind her, Taylor's boyfriend Zane Michaels and Dakota's best friend Aelia Turner trailed. One looked exhausted and the other sheepish.


"This!" The paper was shoved in her face. Dakota pulled back, only to see something that she was praying Taylor would never find.


"Um… I was kidding?"


"Bull, 'Kota! I asked around. You've been doing this for a while, haven't you?" Taylor was beyond murderous.


"It was a joke! I just wanted to meet new people and level up!"


Taylor twitched. "You are a Traveler! You don't need to go posting things like this to meet people!"


Dakota shrugged. "I wasn't the only one, though. Check out the message boards. There's a million of these."


Her sister rolled her eyes. "Duh. I already screamed at them." She turned and leveled a glare at Zane and Aelia. "Couldn't you have chosen a different phrase at least? This makes you seem like a nineteenth century cowboy!"


"Exactly my point! Hey, if you want, we could put one up for you!" Dakota said, using the words as a distraction to spring out of the room.


Taylor blinked, groaned, and shouted, "Dakota, I'm going to kill you!" She took off after her sister. The paper fluttered to the ground.


Zane and Aelia shared a look. "Well, at least she didn't kill us," Aelia said, picking up the paper and smoothing out all the wrinkles.


Zane laughed. "What do you expect? We're not flesh and blood. Dakota on the other hand…"


Aelia set the paper neatly on top of Dakota's closed laptop, face up, and followed Zane out of the room to try to keep the McKenzie sisters from killing each other.


Aelia giggled. "I told her putting Gun-for-Hire would get her yelled at…"


She shut the door.


//

I do believe that I'm gonna kill my mother for that prompt.

No comments:

Post a Comment