Wednesday, December 28, 2011

September 15, 2011

I finished another little story while working on Crystaln Prophecy. It's another crossover, but it's a surprise crossover. I'm thinking that I'll hold a contest for it, anyway.

The story is called "I Remember."

//

I remember the screeching tires, the shattered glass, the frightened screams.

I remember the blood coating my hands as I held my leg, the skin split and the pain numbing.

I remember being carried, the voices telling me that everything would soon be alright.

I remember the social services lady telling me that they were gone, that my only option was an orphanage.

I remember when she told me that they had left me with nothing.

I remember being relieved, not really caring.

I remember the adoption, a man and a woman, both kind and loving.

I remember the shopping, buying new clothing for the first time, and color contacts for my eyes.

I remember the house, quaint, in a good neighborhood with kids my own age that I could play with.

I remember the fire, taking my family of six years away from me again.

I remember my mother's screams, shouting out a name of someone I never knew.

I remember my father pushing me out the window, saving me at the last second.

I remember running away towards the outskirts in fear.

I remember finding the towering robot, covered in rust and weeds.

I remember the switch inside, giving me the chance at a new destiny.

I remember taking it.

I remember two years later when we traveled to that strange planet.

I remember trying to blend in, so I took off my contacts.

I remember the reactions I got from different people, some shaking my hand, others glaring.

I remember the shock on that one man's face, as if I wasn't standing in front of him.

I remember him calling me that strange name from so long ago.

I remember him telling me my long forgotten destiny.

I remember my new school, the awe I got because of my head.

I remember making new, caring friends.

I remember the adventures we went on, uncovering the truth of the world.

I remember seeing so many of my friends get hurt or killed because of me.

I remember that one man taking me in, tutoring me and helping me.

I remember the small smile on his face when I completed my first potion and cast my first spell and my first trip on a broomstick.

I remember him looming over me in class, keeping appearances as usual.

I remember him healing me every time I got hurt.

I remember the day he adopted me, made me his son, his only family.

I remember the day my two worlds collided.

I remember fighting both my evil archenemies at the same time.

I remember winning.

I remember waking days later, covered in injuries and barely able to move.

I remember my father, eye patch covering a lost eye, raven hair messy from worry and strain.

I remember him helping me heal all over again.

I remember the funerals.

I remember the tears.

I remember the pain.

I remember a lot.

I remember living.

I remember dying.

I remember the happiness.

I remember the loss.

I remember my friends.

I remember my family.

I remember that one man, who became my father.

I remember my destinies, completed at last.

I remember my promises.

I remember my names.

//

That... was a lot longer than what I expected. And my hand really hurts.

Damn.

Well, I guess I'll write more tomorrow...

*glances at stack of Crystaln Prophecy notes*

Well, handwriting... anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment